Tuesday, June 24, 2008

To snack or not to snack?












S
peaking of the rising prices of stuff, i was out to do some shopping and made a stop at the pharmacy for some Dettol wipes and lip balm. That's when the husband pointed it to me in disbelief.


RM4.98 for a packet of candy bar?? I mean, if the price was RM3.50 is tolerable. Still expensive, but tolerable. But RM4.98? I almost cried. Ok drama, but seriously, gila mahal nak makan Snickers!

I always keep a Snickers bar somewhere in my house/the office (last time) because i get this sudden tremble from hunger (i call it the starvation attack) sometimes which nobody can explain to me so far - even if i just had breakfast/lunch like 20 minutes ago. My body would still be shaking, literally especially the hands. Some say i have high metabolic rate but i honestly have no idea if that was true. Dad was worried that i might have diabetes but that have been checked. Anyways, whenever it strikes, i would stuff myself (usually) with Snickers bars or cookies or whatever i can get my hands on till it stops (just food though, no pencils or keyboards have been damaged so far. So don't worry). It will normally take like 2 bars of Snickers, so now it'll cost me RM10 per attack?? Gosh. Isn't that a costly cure.

We later got to the supermarket, Jusco was offering RM2.09 for a pack of Snickers for their members, but since my membership expired like eons ago, it was RM2.70 for us. Even so, we still bought 10 packets. Almost got the whole box, no kidding. But we decided not to be kiasu and leave some for you guys instead. Hehehe.. (read: not enough $$). I just hope that that price stays only in the pharmacy.

If not then i guess, no Snickers on a regular day. Have to save those for the attacks. Sigh.

2 comments:

alizazran said...

4.98?? mars tu memang made in planet mars kut??

ms ngantuk said...

meh dtg my house. ada reese, mcm2 hersheys bars, toblerone in excess.. snickers je currently takde.
btw guardian mmglah mahal for tidbits